Accounting Services Customized for Not-for-Profit Businesses
Beyond E&A's accounting and financial audit services, E&A offers extended value as a service provider for not-for-profit entities. We truly understand the challenges not-for-profit entities face and provide you with the industry-specific business expertise required to overcome these obstacles and improve your financial condition.
Of course, as a full service firm, E&A also provides traditional financial audits and reviews for not-for-profit entities that are not subject to A-133 or Yellow Book requirements. Our audit clients are fiercely loyal with all but one having been audit clients for 10 years, or more. Because performing audits/reviews requires E&A to maintain independence, we can only provide audit/review services or ongoing accounting services to the same client.
For clients where independence isn’t an issue, E&A will act as your accounting department so you and your staff are free from the hassles of many complex and time-intensive accounting tasks—allowing you to do what you do best and spend more time managing and growing your not-for-profit entity. Consider all that we can do for your organization:
- Create detailed statements and reports to keep you updated on your organization’s financial status. By using hosted QuickBooks products in the Cloud, we collaborate with you to ensure you know your organization’s financial health.
- Process vendor bills efficiently. Because processing can be done online, we can return relevant information to you and process payments quickly.
- Balance your bank accounts. Through our secure website, you can access your registers to view your cash position and know that we’re making sure everything is in order.
- Process payroll. You can conveniently enter payroll information online for processing. Once processed, we ensure the direct deposits go smoothly and taxes are paid. We deliver management reports as well as posting employees’ paystubs to their own individual secure employee portals for access 24/7.
- Ensure you are in good shape for audit season. We make sure your books are in excellent shape and expenses are properly recorded by program (i.e., statement of functional expenses) as you approach audit season. We can also assist you through the audit process, answering your questions along the way.
- Ensure you remain in good standing with the State. By providing accurate, timely financial information, you are in better shape to receive your share of governmental funding. Proper financial data also helps in securing funds from independent grant agencies and bank financing.
- Segregate your duties. To ensure your internal controls provide the proper checks and balances, it’s wise to separate accounting duties from the business’ day-to-day operations. E&A becomes your accounting department—ensuring that the proper controls are in place and the integrity of your accounting processes are maintained—E&A serves as a second set of eyes.
- Preparation of Form 990 or 990EZ. E&A will accurately prepare your annual 990 filing requirement and ensure it is electronically filed with the IRS in a timely manner. The annual filing is needed to avoid losing tax-exempt status. We provide you with an electronic version for your records that is available 24/7 in your Net Client portal for download and is easily shared with others.
- Assist with Grant Reporting. Tracking, reporting, and supporting expenditures to granting agencies can be arduous. E&A handles or assists with that process by tracking necessary information with our accounting procedures or, actually preparing the necessary grant reports and invoices.
You are passionate about your non-profit organization’s mission. So, you need an accounting firm that not only shares your passion for your core mission, but, also understands the nuances and complexities of accounting for non-profit entities and provides the business insights you seek. We are that firm—and we look forward to serving you.