Accounting Services Customized for Not-for-Profit Businesses
Beyond core accounting work, E&A offers extended value as a service provider for not-for-profit entities. We truly understand the challenges not-for-profit entities face and provide you with industry-specific business expertise required to overcome these obstacles and improve your financial condition.
We will act as your accounting department, so you and your staff are free from the hassles of many complex and time-intensive accounting tasks—allowing you to do what you do best and spend more time managing and growing your not-for-profit business. Consider all that we can do for you:
- Process vendor bills efficiently. Because processing can be done online, we can return relevant information to you quickly.
- Balance your checkbooks. Through our secure website, you can access your checkbooks to view your cash position.
- Process payroll. You can conveniently enter payroll data online for processing. Once processed, we ensure that the direct desposit goes smoothly, taxes are paid, and we deliver managament reports as well as posting employees’ paystubs to their own individual secure employee portals.
- Create detailed statements and reports to keep you updated on your financial status. By using hosted Quickbooks products in the Cloud, we collaborate with you to ensure you know your organization's financial health.
- Ensure you are in good shape for audit season. We make sure your books are in excellent shape and expenses are properly recorded by program (i.e., statement of functional expenses) as you approach audit season. We can also assist you through the audit process, answering your questions along the way.
- Ensure you remain in good standing with the State. By providing accurate, timely financial information, you are in better shape to receive your share of governmental funding. Proper financial data also helps in securing funds from independent grant agencies.
- Segregate your bookkeeping duties. To ensure the proper checks and balances, it’s wise to separate accounting activity from the business’ day-to-day operations. We become your remote accounting department—ensuring that the proper controls are in place and the integrity of your accounting process is maintained—your second set of eyes.
You are passionate about your non-profit organization's cause. So, you need an accounting firm that not only shares your passion for your core mission, but also understands the nuances and complexities of accounting for non-profit entities and can provide the business insights you seek. We are that firm—and we look forward to serving your cause.